Thursday 5 September 2013

A visit to The Design Museum.


A few days ago, I visited The Design Museum to see the Future is Here exhibition which looked at the development of a new industrial revolution and how it will affect manufacturing in both Great Britain and globally. They also had a selection of machines up and running ranging from 3D printers to a laser cutting system. Personally, I found the exhibition layout a little confusing and left me a little unsure as to what to take from the visit. However, I really liked seeing the creations made at the exhibition by the machines that staff were experimenting with; I really liked the lion made from wood(can be seen below) which was created using the laser cutter as the level of detail was incredible. These are a selection of pictures I took whilst there and also a video of one of the robotic machines:



 













No comments:

Post a Comment