Sunday 2 March 2014

FMP Initial ideas stage and proposal planning

In order to prepare the proposal for our FMP's (Final Major Project), we had to begin to think about what it is we wanted to focus on. Some initial ideas of mine were revolved around the idea of male idols as I am a female menswear student and so I thought it would be interesting to gain perspective into what men look up to and idolise. I however thought it may be too general and not personal enough. After watching a documentary called East End on film, I began to think about looking back into the past and the old London imagery of the working class people of East London really resonated with me. However, I again wanted a personal connection to the project and suddenly thought to look into the life of my Grandad that I never met as the idea I had of him kind of linked to the men I saw in the East End programme. As I never met him, I decided I want to use this project as a vehicle to learn about him and his interests allow me to draw various themes I have already explored such as Football culture, working class life and London. I really cannot wait to start this project and begin collecting the different research which will initiate my starting point. I will need to make a concept board and prepare a presentation for the proposal however I do not think it will be done digitally as for me I work better with physical materials. Also with the sentimental and nostalgic nature of the project, I want to keep a kind of hand made and personal aesthetic.
EDIT:
I decided to do a digital presentation in order not to waste the resources I had prepared before I actually began the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment